by Arthur J. Wilhelm
Lemon Tart with Fresh Raspberries
Lemon is so refreshing, especially in the dog days of summer. And lemon and raspberries, well, they are the eternal dynamic duo when combined in a delicious and perfectly sweetened dessert.
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- Juice and zest of 3 lemons
- 6 egg yolks
In a bowl, whisk all ingredients together.
SHORTBREAD TART SHELL:
- 1/3 cup of butter
- 1/2 cup of confectioner’s sugar
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a mixer, or with a hand beater, mix confectioner’s sugar, flour and salt.
- Add butter, and water.
- Mix on medium speed until soft dough forms.
- Roll dough and form it in a tart mold.
Add lemon filling and bake on 350 for about 25 to 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Top with fresh raspberries and serve.
Yield: 10-inch tart serves about 12