New Jersey is known as the Garden State for good reason. Our unique combination of climate and soils prove fertile for a true cornucopia of nutritious and delicious delights.
Vanilla Ginger Panna Cotta
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6-7 slices of ginger
- 1 vanilla bean (scraped; use pod as well)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 sheets of gelatin
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a sauce pan, bring milk, heavy cream, sugar, ginger and vanilla bean to a boil.
- Turn off heat so the ginger and vanilla can steep.
- Add gelatin (while cream is still hot)
- Strain into sour cream and fold-mix until it becomes a thick cream.
Add to ramekin or 4-oz. tins, and chill for 45 minutes.