Craving an Italian pasta treat? This dish uses low carb spaghetti squash instead of pasta!
- 1 (19.76 ounce) package Johnsonville® Italian Sweet Sausage Links, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh fennel
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons cooking sherry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute the fennel, green onion, red and green peppers and garlic until tender. Add the tomatoes, sausage and 3 tablespoons sherry; cook and stir until heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, stir in remaining sherry. Serve hot over spaghetti squash.
How do I prepare Spaghetti Squash?
Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Place squash cut sides up in a microwave-safe dish with 1/4 cup water. Cover with plastic wrap and cook on high for 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender. Let stand covered, for 5 minutes. With fork, “comb” out the strands.
(1 serving: 1 cup sausage mixture plus 1/2 cup cooked spaghetti squash); (10g net carbs per serving).
By: The Kitchen at Johnsonville Sausage