Here’s a winning recipe that can be used to rub down almost anything bound for the grill…even veggies if you’re looking for a little extra kick. It stores great and pairs well with nearly all BBQ sauces.
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup paprika (we like Smoked Spanish Paprika)
Combine all in a small bowl and store in an airtight container. Other great additions to this base mixture are dried mustard, tasted and ground coriander and fennel seeds, chipotle and ancho chili powder, garlic and onion powder, and even ground coffee or a touch of cinnamon. Experiment until you find your winning combo!