(serves 2; three halves per tin)
Apples are abundant, ripe and ready to be sliced, diced, sauteed — and well, basically, totally enjoyed! Here is an easy, and oh-so-delicious apple treat to make.
- 3 Apples
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter (cubed)
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- Using a saucepan, put sugar on low heat to caramelize.
- Peel and core Apples.
- When sugar starts to caramelize, add 4 cubes of butter to form caramel.
- Add apples, and rest of butter
- Cover top of sauce pan with another saucepan(circulates moisture)
- Cook apples until they are tender(not mushy) and translucent in color (golden)
- Remove apples from caramel, and allow to cool slightly.
- Carefully place apples into a 4oz tin, interlocking them.
For Bourbon Caramel
- Return saucepan to low flame
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of Bourbon, 1/4 of a cup of heavy cream and cook for about five minutes, stirring constantly as to not burn
- Immediately transfer caramel to a stainless steel bowl,and place on an ice bath.
- Puff pastry is a painstaking process, so it would be time saving to purchase premade puff pastry as your local grocery store. (If you want to make your own puff pastry, contact me at Cheftotum@gmail.com.)
- With a circular cookie cutter, cut puff pastry into circles, and back at 350 for 10 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Once puff pastry is baked, place on a plate, and invert apples on top, drizzle Bourbon Caramel over apples and enjoy!